Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sometimes....


There are so many times when I feel that I don't belong. Times that I feel completely disconnected from those who are supposed to be closest to me. Sometimes, due to my life and where I am (single mom) it makes it so I can't relate to those around me. I feel out of place. Unwanted. Cast aside. Forgotten. The odd man out. Which leads to resentment and hurt feelings. 

Then there are those times when I realize it really doesn't matter! I don't care anymore! I am who I am. I have struggles many could never even begin to understand! So I remind myself that we are all in this life together. So we don't all see eye to eye. So we don't have close bonds or talk everyday. So what? We know we have each other's backs when the times get tough. Always.  

Life is different for me now. I don't relate with others like I used to. I've walked a very rough road these last few years. They have changed who I am and how I view the world. Sadly it's made it hard for others to "get" me. BUT I came to the understanding that it's ok. That honestly this is just how's it's gonna be and its OK. 

So tonight I'm thankful for my family for always loving this "3rd wheel". For my absolutely wonderful friends who have actually chosen to love me!!! For those that are walking my life with me and those that watch from a distance. I'm thankful for all of you. You all have a place in my life no matter how big or small. 

I'm changing. A lot! it's so great! My thought process. My attitude. I'm changing what I spend my energy on and how much I care about things that don't matter at all!! This is the new me. Slowly growing into who I was supposed to be all along.  

I am that I am and that's all that I am!! 
Thanks for loving me....

1 comment:

  1. It's so good to see you change so much! I recently discovered this blog and I love reading it :) You are such an inspiration!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete