Friday, June 28, 2013

The ripple effect

Ah the inevitable blog about choices... You knew this one was coming!

"To every decision you make there is a consequence. A good consequence or a bad consequence. Choose wisely"

If I heard that 10 times growing up I heard it a million! My daddy, in his fatherly wisdom, used to say that to me constantly. Maybe he saw part of himself in me, maybe he was praying it would sink in and that I would make good choices and not have to hurt from the bad consequences. But none of us are protected from bad choices, we all have made them... I'm walking proof of a life filled with choices made in a quick moment or just out of Gods will. I'm thankful and continuously humbled by the Grace and Mercy God still shows me constantly. Not only does he forgive, he actually takes our bad choice and changes the outcome! What say what!?!? He takes our bad choices and turns them into something good?! That blows my mind! Another example of Gods redeeming power. 

Now hold up! This is not a license to just go about doing whatever you please knowing its all gonna be ok in the end anyway... Nope.
When you make a choice of any kind the ripples from that choice sometimes go on and on and on. For me a big one is the man I decided to live with and have children with. Are my babies bad choices? No! Because the bible says "children are a gift from The Lord". We don't create life, God does. However, the consequences of WHO I chose to have them with is the point. He is not a godly man/father and for the rest of my life I will have to deal with him because of a choice! 

Because of resent choices I've made, normal and should be relaxing situations have become uncomfortable and stressful. I am over and over again reminded of how lonely I am for friendships and how strongly I feel a misfit. However I can only blame myself for once again, this issue is from poor choices... 

Bad consequences are easy to spot, they are wrapped in tears and surrounded by pain.... But not only for you, and this is my point for this long blog post.... Everything you do, either good or bad the outcome ALWAYS effects those around you. 

So here's a reminder to me and you, choose wisely... Your decisions today effect your tomorrow's... 

No comments:

Post a Comment