Monday, March 11, 2013

A new start.... a couple months late

I've titled this a "new start" for a couple reasons... I've never tried to blog before and my life has changed so drastically in the last 6 months, I'm going to try to catch you up!

To continue talking about the path I'm on now would require me to explain where my path has been already, so please hang with me, I'll try to make this as painless as possible lol. Last October I found myself down a road that I would never in my life have dreamed I'd be on. Years of choices had landed me in a place of utter depression, abuse, loneliness and hurt. In July of 2012, due to circumstances out of my control, my kids and I had to move in with my parents. It was only to be for a short time before we returned to their father, the man I had been living with for the past couple years. However, my God had other plans - much BIGGER plans. He slowly drew me back to Him, and in mid October I finally caved (I can be a bit stubborn) and decided that life wasn't for me any longer. I wanted better for me, and for my kids. I wanted to have Hope again. So taking a very shaky first step I told him I wasn't coming back. Thus started the Journey....

It has been a Journey of so many tears only God could know them all. I've been to the point of hanging on by a thread, literally. I've made decisions and choices over the years that have brought consequences I will have to carry for the rest of my life. But in the midst of the fog, the tears, the fear, I have found a God I never knew before. One who was so anxiously waiting for my return and danced for days when I came home to Him. Ever since that moment my heart turned back, I have known complete peace. Yes, there have been days (and mostly nights) where I couldn't breath the fear for my children was so great, the pain of the fight I had gotten into with their father was almost more than I could handle. It seemed life kept handing me one pothole after another! "When will this end?!" I remember screaming one night... But my friends, there was always that Peace.... that solid rock that my feet would landed on.

Thanks why I've started this blog really. Its not to 'inform' you as to my life and all its drama - no. Its to share the amazing stories of my God, His faithfulness when I had been and sometimes continue to be so very unfaithful to Him. His Grace is something I don't think any of us really 'get'. Oh sure we've heard a million sermons about grace and know the hymn inside and out. But do we really KNOW Grace? He is showing me what that looks like, what that means in my life. My God has covered me and my babies so many times I can't keep silent! He has rescued us and will continue to to provide and carry us through these next months and years... and to be honest - with all its heartache uncertainty, and craziness, I'm looking forward to seeing what God has for us, to see what He is preparing me and my kids to do for Him.

So please! Come along and hear about what my God has done! May it strengthen your faith, and I pray somehow touch your heart where you need encouraging.

Welcome to MY Journey of Grace!

2 comments:

  1. I'm here for you, to be a friend on the journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girlie! Its such a crazy awesome journey too! <3

      Delete