Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Son

I know I just posted a new blog but I had to write this one out. 


Last night I was trying to put my 2 year old son Gabriel to bed. I walked in his room and found him quietly playing. So I say down and just watched him. 

He was playing with blocks. His little hands building a tower, you could see his little mind working. I sat and just stared at him for almost 20minutes. I just wanted to pause that moment so I could soak it up as much as I could. I know he's growing up so fast. He's my favorite little man and he's definitely a mamas-boy. He's creative and a bit OCD. He's my snuggle bug and is always laughing. He's got that typical boy 'I'm getting into trouble' look. I have a hard time keeping a straight face when I'm correcting him because of his facial expressions and mannerisms. 

I am both mommy and daddy to my kids since their father isn't an active part of their world. So I was worried he'd be influenced by us girls too much. Umm NO. I can safely say he is all boy! And the joy of my heart. 

Ok just wanted to brag on my boy and remind myself and y'all that it goes by so quick. I have to make a point to slow down and "soak" them in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment